Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Thursday, June 05, 2008

New socks!

In keeping with trying to knit only from my stash, I started another pair of socks a few weeks ago. These are in Knitpicks Felici, a superwash wool. I like this yarn a lot, it is much nicer than their Essential Suck Yarn; the only complaint I would have is that every now and then, at color changes, there is a little white bit of yarn, like the dyeing was getting a little sloppy. The pattern is Welt Fantastic from Sensational Knitted Socks. I have finished one, all but for kitchenering the toe shut. I am getting really good at using up every ounce of the skein. That little bit left is the last bit of a 218 yard skein. WHO'S YOUR (sock knitting) DADDY!?!?!?!?:


And I've started the second one:


I knit socks only for myself. The hubbie doesn't like knitted socks, and they take so much time that I have a hard time imagining gifting them. Plus, they have to fit so exactly, I don't want to guess at someone's foot size just to have all that hard work go down the drain when the socks don't fit.

Below is the Cascade I bought that I mentioned in the previous post. I can't wait to make this into a vest this fall!


Hugo REALLY hates it when we go out of town. When we are packing, he climbs in the luggage and attacks you when you try to put your stuff in, and you have to spray water on him to get him out.


We barbecued on the new ass-kicking grill last night, and Ginger found a blue-and-orange friend. I wonder if she thinks they're related because it's blue and orange like her:


Don't hate me because I'm so friggin' cute


Content


Pensive. Probably pondering great questions in life, like, When do I get fed again? and, When will that goddamn neighbor's dog shut up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My dog has been known to jump into the trunk of the car when he sees the suitcases going in. At least he doesn't attack us like Hugo does!