Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Saturday Night's Alright for Knitting

I FINALLY finished the socks in Tofutsies that I started many moons ago. I finished them up last night while we were watching The Searchers, a great movie. I love old westerns, and I especially love that there are so many you can watch on-demand from Netflix. And what I love most is that I have such a nerdy husband that he hooked our boob tube up to a computer and we can watch the movies in our living room and not in office chairs around the monitor in his office. He's my modern caveman.

Back to the socks. I was a little wary, as the yarn did not knit up incredibly soft, but after a trip through the washer and dryer, they are nice and soft. I will never buy sock yarn that can't be thrown in the washing machine. These socks are definitely not as warm as wool ones, these are for warmer days.




Ginger needed to inspect them. They do meet her exacting standards. Despite the gusset on one being longer than the other. Which doesn't bother me like different lengths of the cuff would. And apparently doesn't bother her either.




And then she needed to inspect the camera. Good thing we have her to keep an eye on things.



In other news, I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!!!!!! HATE it! It is the stupidest, most antiquated idea, and I have yet to see any hard, scientific proof that in the sunlight-drenched state of New Mexico, it actually saves any energy. If someone can show me proof, I will eat my words. Except for the vowels. Arizona knows what's up. They don't change their clocks twice a year like us idiots next door. I hate losing an hour of my day every spring. And no, gaining an hour in the fall does not make up for it, especially considering I spent my extra hour this past year waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck to come pick us up and didn't get home that night until 1:00 AM. Grr.

What's next on the needles? Well, I still have that giant piece of stockinette to finish up that will soon become a shibori felted pillow cover, but that is really boring knitting. So, I am starting another pair of socks, this time in Regia bamboo. I'm excited to do more summer knitting, and I need to knit from my stash to save some money, so more socks it is!

2 comments:

k-bomb said...

I recently read somewhere that it has been proven that day light savings time actually wastes more energy. Yes, people don't have to use their lights as much but what no one thought of was how much more people would use their air conditioners in the summer because they are home early from work on hot days and more heat in the winter for the opposite reasons. There was some other stuff too but I thought I'd let you know that it's been bunk to save energy.

Nichole D. said...

I read the same thing Katie did. Daylight Savings sucks! See you Tuesday, hopefully!