Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

You knit WTF?

I saw this story on the Drudge Report today. Wow. That is so messed up. Knitting with dog fur? I don't even want to know what the sweater smells like when these old people work up a sweat.

When we were on our honeymoon last summer, I stopped in a little yarn shop in Colorado one morning. The owner also ran a dog grooming business out of the old house, and she was grooming some big fluffy dog when I came in to browse around. I joked that she could harvest her wool in one business and sell it in the other. Her eyes lit up, and she pointed with her brush to a fluffy white knitted hat, and said, "See that hat over there? It's Samoyed! I got it from my dog!". I thought knitting with dog fur was limited to one eccentric old lady in rural Colorado, but apparently, I was wrong.

3 comments:

k-bomb said...

You would think that they would find better looking people to model their creations. I mean you put some skinny ass model in one of those sweaters and they'll be mass producing them at the Gap next season.
Actually, I'm just jealous.

Nichole D. said...

Um, gross.

Paula said...

Seriously, one of my mom's friends knit with dog hair and I was more than a little troubled by it. Ugh.