Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I have been waiting FOREVER to post this!!!

My dear friend had her second baby girl recently, and I knit this for her:


It's a pinwheel baby blanket. I knit it in Cotton Tots, and added a picot bind-off to the pattern. A close-up of the bind-off:



I think Cotton Tots is my new favorite, second to Patons Merino. CT is super-soft, and truly machine washable AND dryable, which I did not find was the case with most cottons from the LYS. Plus, they all cost a buttload, and homie don't play that. They actually sell Cotton Tots at the LYS, but for a ton more than at Michael's. Yeah, I know, I don't need the "shop locally" lecture. They are so mean and unhelpful at the LYS here, I'd rather give my money to Michael's anyday. I won't shop locally if it means keeping businesses with bad customer service alive.

In other news, I am taking tomorrow off of work to spend the day with my hubbie, as it is his spring break. I have a ton of personal leave saved up, and have been working my arse off, @ work and studying for the ARE, with no break. So, it's about time for a mini-vacation. We spent the evening searching the MLS. Man! Houses are getting cheap here! And in good areas, too! SO exciting! We're saving up for a down payment, but I think the dream may become a reality sooner than we think!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Creepy, I just updated my blog with a baby blanket and info about the day off I'm taking tomorrow. It is like I am bizzaro Nancy (Seinfeld reference) or you are bizzaro me. Anyhow, the baby blanket is beautiful. I hope you have a good day off. I know I'm looking forward to mine.

britten said...

The baby blanket is indeed beautiful -- and so cute! I'm impressed. Happy day off!