Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Thing

This is The Thing.


This is me modeling The Thing.


The Thing has been frogged.

I think it was garter stitch. I can't really tell. It was the nastiest, knobbiest heaviest piece of crap that snagged on everything, and I was so proud that I had made it that I wore it everywhere in the winter in college. When I told people I knitted it, I got a sympathetic "Oh, that's nice" with a sidelong look.

I have no idea what I am gong to do with all this crappy chenille. I'm not sure what fiber it is, maybe acrylic, but it's definitely something synthetic and gross, because when my knitting assistant, Ginger, plays with strings of it, and gets it all slobbery, and then it dries, it snaps like a twig. So weird.

I am currently working on my first sweater, in merino. I'll post it soon. Unfortunately, it's almost done, and I can't track the progress of it here. I have a few other projects I have completed this summer that I will post soon, as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»