Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Monday, July 31, 2006

Previous projects

Here are a few things I have done in the past year.



Token eyelash scarf. I spun (spinned?) the fiber from my pet snufalufagus. Modeled by thermostat.



Another scarf. This one is just garter stitch- it's really the yarn that makes it exciting- it's not hard to knit at all. People always compliment me on it, and I tell them, it's all in the yarn. I have no idea what brand this yarn is. It's a wool/nylon/somthing else blend. It's really warm and a little stretchy.



Simple hat and scarf set. I had a bunch of Wool-Ease lying around from my foray back into knitting in college when I produced The Thing. I was planning to make a scarf and hat set, but for some reason I couldn't do K2
P2 ribbing (???????) and I gave up. So, recently I figured I would use up this yarn. I really don't like the creepy fuzz-glow that some acrylics and acrylic blends give to a knitted garment. Like, a little white halo glow. The TG&Y glow.

I first learned hats by stitching them in the back, rather than knit on a circular. I like the finished look of hats knitted in the round, but I'm pretty good at stitching now. I also need to get a shorter circular needle, because I just don't get that whole knitting tiny things on giant circular needles trick. Yet.



Another hat. To be gifted. This one is in Patons Merino. I really do like that yarn.

No comments: