Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Friday, July 28, 2006

Current Project

Right now I'm finishing up a cowl-neck long-sleeve sweater that I started at the beginning of June. It's the "Cowl Neck Pullover" from Patons Next Steps Two- Create Your Own Pullover. I'm knitting it in Patons Classic Merino, color Aran (I think it's Aran. Or off-white). I swear I don't work for Patons. I do love their merino, it is a real bargain. I didn't want to spend a lot on a sweater I would probably screw up on, since it is my first.

This is the sweater in pieces. I'm currently sewing it all together. Next time, I think I'll re-interpret the pattern and knit the body in the round. Sorry about the bad light in the photos.


A sleeve. I knit the bell sleeves in the book:



A close up of the end of the cuff:


And an up-close detail of beginning of stitching the sleeve in:








No comments: