Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Monday, December 10, 2007

Good news!

No, I'm not pregnant. I got my Ravelry invite today! Yay! I signed in and cruised around for a while, joined the New Mexico Knitters and the Gilmore Girls Knitters groups. I hesitate to post projects on there, only because I already do that on my blog and I hate redundancy and doing it twice would annoy me.... and I don't use flickr yet... but Ravelry is pretty cool.

In other news, I started a sweater and we got a Christmas tree. It is small, about 2'. It is a live tree and we will plant it after Christmas. I like the idea of planting a tree for Christmas rather than cutting one down. And I'm not a big 'ol tree hugger or anything, quite the opposite. I just hate wasting stuff, and you can't really use a dead Christmas tree for anything after the fact. Why pay $30-$50 for something you just end up throwing away?

I hope to get my ass to the yarn store and buy some wool to make some felted ornaments. This being our first tree, it has like, 5 ornaments on it so far.

2 comments:

k-bomb said...

Just because you are not a tree hugger doesn't mean you can't hug trees. However, I don't recommend hugging your Christmas tree. That might hurt.
Laters!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Christmas tree! We got ours this weekend, too. It's about 7' and deader than it was when we cut it. No ornaments yet, we wanted to give the puppies time to adjust first. And to see whether it would fall. So far, so good!