Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Yarn used for Lopi scarf

Love this pattern, but I am not, however knitting it in the Lopi Lite yarn because I don't like to wear clothes knitted out of barbed wire. For all y'all un-knitters reading, Lopi is a brassy, rough Icelandic wool that is often used in traditional (Icelandic) patterned sweaters. I guess they wear it to remind themselves that there are things that suck worse than the weather in Iceland? Ooh! Snap! I had all this Lamb's Pride superwash in my stash from a project that didn't turn out last winter (Wavy from Knitty- not a good yarn choice for it), so I figured I'd put it to good use. And it's softer than Lopi. So are hedgehogs, but that's besides the point.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Lopi is definately something not to be worn next to the skin, but for an outer garment ( for the tundra or something) it is incredibly warm. I made my husband a sweater out of it and we have yet to find a place where he can wear it (We live in CT)
http://www.roddyknit.blogspot.com