Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Sunday, August 06, 2006

And yet another new project

I had to start another project. I've wanted to make a cream-colored long wooly cabled scarf for myself, that was one of my goal projects this summer. I had an off-white scarf that was some felty cashmere ripoff, I've had it since junior high. About 15 years, I guess. People who know me well know how cheap and thrifty I am, so this probably does not come as a surprise to them that I still wear clothes from 7th grade. Well, the old scarf was developing holes and getting thin, so I figured it was time to move on.


Here's the scarf. It's the Irish Hiking Scarf pattern from Hello Yarn, which, understandably, is a really popular pattern. I think it will be perfect as my new white scarf. And I'll probably wear it for 30 years. I made some serious mileage on it sitting in the financial aid office this past week. Not as much as I would have liked, however. :(

You know you're a knitting addict when a guy offers to trade you numbers at the financial aid office, meaning you can be out of there an hour earlier, but you are disappointed because it means less knitting time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty! And it should last you as long as you want! ;-)

Ninabeena said...

It looks good. What type of yarn are you using?

Becka said...

Your scarf is lovely!
Welcome to blogland!