Knitting Centered Blog Regarding All Things Design Related

Sunday, October 07, 2007

New Project

Well, the Tofutsies socks are on hold, as I have a plane ride coming up and socks are a good project to have on a plane. They're small, compact, and the needles are small enough that the security idiots at the airport don't protest them, even though TSA's website clearly states that knitting needles are allowed. So, I'll work on those then. In the meantime, I started a sweater from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits. I absolutely love her patterns, they are so flattering! I hate boxy sweaters, and the whole concept of this book is how to knit things that actually fit your body and are feminine and fitted. Not slutty. I mean, I don't think "knitter" and "slut" really go together in the same sentence. Unless you're willing to sacrifice your honor for a good yarn sale.



The pattern is the Bluebell Boatneck Sweater, except I'm not knitting it in blue. I had a crapload of Wool-Ease in a chestnut heather that didn't yet know what it wanted to be. I think it has found its calling. Yes, it will have sleeves, they are on hold until the body is done.

And now for something not knitting related and totally freaky. I cracked open an egg last night for burritos, and this came out:



DOUBLE YOLK. One egg shell, two yolks inside. Would these have been chicken twins? Or some Siamese-twin two-headed chicken? I mean, conjoined twin chicken, I don't want to offend all the conjoined chickens out there. Either way, it's WEIRD!!!!!!! With that, our egg count was totally off. Did this count as one or two eggs? We finally went with one, as they were two puny yolks.

No comments: